Thursday, September 9, 2010

Of Nicholas Sparks and Miley Cyrus (The Last Song Movie)


I have always been a fan of Nicholas Sparks. If I want a good cry, I'll read his books. It's not that his books are one-of-a-kind and 100% extraordinaire, but there's something extraordinary on how he delivers those ordinary stories, you get my drift?  His novels are truly heart-wrenching and a tear-jerker.

A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, Nights in Rodanthe, A Bend in the Road (though it doesn't have a film adaptation yet) Dear John -- Name it, I've read it and watched it! I may not like the interpretation of the movie but I have always liked the book.  I have been a couch potato lately; I've watched almost all the new movies that have been released. I then remembered that I haven't watched the movie version of Nicholas Sparks'  The Last Song (and haven't read it either!) During its launch, when the movie have been creating it's buzz, I wasn't at all excited to watch it primarily because of my negative bias the lead star is Miley Cyrus and I'm not a fan, thank you very much. So what made me decide to watch it now? Boredom I may say and curiosity if I may add!

Movie poster of The Last Song
It was awkward watching Cyrus act (not that I have ever seen her perform or sing) and looking at her has not been easy on my eyes. Sure she may have her fair share of fans as a singer, but as an actor, she is rather stiff. The upside is the acting of Greg Kinnear who is quite moving as the ailing father (Steve Miller). There are touching moments within the Miller family drama, but then you snap out of it and fear that Miley Cyrus might belt out a song, I know I was.



The movie's official trailer

The Plot. It revolves around the teenage daughter, Veronica Miller whose life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Tybee Island, Georgia. Three years and rebellion schemes later, she remains angry and alienated from her parents, especially her father ... until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer on the the island with him and her brother. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story about love in its myriad forms. It's also about heartbreak, healing, secrets, salvation and second chances.

This film is directed by Julie Anne Robinson.


*Photos and videos are owned by respective owners. No copyright infringement intended. 

2 sweet nothings:

Lachmanasegran on September 9, 2010 at 6:13 PM said...

IVE ALREDY WATCHED TIS MOVIE!! IT ROCKS!!..haha sorry for the caps..was excited!!..=Dnice layout!

RiaDM on September 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM said...

Thank you for dropping by, dear. Oh the layout is nice, eh? it should be, it took me awhile to find the one i like most! BTW, thanks to the free template design creators, they are heaven-sent.

Plurk it!

Read.Browse.Shop

 

Chaotic Vanity Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada